I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to wake up as I was yesterday. I was doing my daily morning social media cruise and I came across the announcement that, my queen, J.K. Rowling would be releasing a short story about none other than Mr. Harry Potter himself at age 34.
I think I may have shed a mini tear, but don’t tell anyone.
Of course, in my haste and shock I forgot my Pottermore username AND password – the fates were working against me. Once I finally got into the site I told myself I needed to calm down because I was going to scare my roommate and my neighbours with my constant shrieking.
And then I finally read it (I probably shed some more tears here).
It was written by Rita Skeeter, so you know from the get go things are going to be fantastic.
Things we learned (and cried about) from the short story:
- Harry’s going grey. Something I am not surprised at; LOOK AT HIS STRESSFUL LIFE.
- He’s also still an Auror and is said to have a cut on his cheek. Potter, chill out.
- Harry took James and Albus to meet Viktor Krum and were friendly (I teared up…I was very emotional all morning)
- Ron’s hair is thinning – I laughed.
- He also left his job at the ministry to co-manage Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes with George (insert SO many tears here).
- Hermione is as boss as ever. Literally and figuratively; she’s the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement AND she’s pegged to move even higher. YOU GO GIRL.
- Skeeter kept calling her by Granger and it makes me wonder if she kept her last name. If she did I’ll just add that the my current list a mile long about why Hermione is the best role model for girls/women/boys/men/people/frogs/dogs/cats/unicorns/everyone.
- Charlie is still unmarried and as Skeeter put it so well: “why?” Why indeed, Skeeter. Why indeed.
- Luna Lovegood is still the Luna Lovegood we all know and love as she was “sweeping around the VIP section in robes composed of flags of all sixteen qualifying countries.”
- She also has twin boys
- Neville is a Herbology teacher (which we knew) and his wife, Hannah, is applying for a job at Hogwarts as Matron. I guess ol’ Pomfrey has had enough.
- Last, but certainly not least (because this is probably my favourite update) Teddy Lupin is a little blue haired 16-year-old rebel who is always in dark corners (*wink wink nudge nudge*) with Bill and Fleur’s kid Victoire.
Wasn’t it nice to hear about the old gang again? It’s crazy that it is 2014 and yet this small article can throw an entire fandom into a frenzy like we were back in the golden ages.
I think the only thing I was disappointed in was that this was not about the Marauders, but that is because I am biased and love them more than is probably natural (Lupin’s story on Pottermore was like a godsend for me).
How did you like the update? Is it everything you wanted? Are you Marauder crazy like me and want ALL THE INFORMATION? Let me know!
I got a new Twitter for this page, it is @throughpgs so give it a follow and join the fun!